Member of EVRS

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Follow My History

Arrival at Mwanza airport after 7 years since I step my last foot here and 24 years since I move away from Mwanza, I felt a tricle of joy dropping inside my body! It was the greatest moment for me!

You will come to know why they call it the Rocky City! Just follow me!

Makongoro Road, connect the city center and airport. Single road, no corners... you are at the heart of the rockky city.

Kenyatta road, paves way to Shinyanga. This is a part of city center.


The famous "FISH". Kama ukitaka kujua nani kaoa au kaolewa, basi wee njoo ukae hapa siku za harusi uone watu wanavyogombea kupiga picha za kumbukumbu hapa.


I recall this round about, when I used to go to the railway station on my way to Mzumbe secondary school far far ...away by train.

Uhuru road, my famous street where I grew up, and my regular path when I was going to my village huko visiwani

This is the house along Uhuru street where I first live in Mwanza at the age of 4 years, I spent several years here, before moving away to Kirumba. Now it is a mini-shopping center


Rufiji street: I used to come to this green ground to play football.
Tukutane tena baadaye kwa msafara wangu. Nilipotelea sehemu fulani kupata samaki choma...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, Pacha.

Thom said...

Beautiful town. I wish to go there!

Anya said...

I love it to follow you
it looks all so beautiful :)))))

John Mwaipopo said...

what nostalgic sentiments! i am waiting for more. me never been to mwanza. lazzy me!

Mija Shija Sayi said...

Chib Mwanza umesoma shule gani ya msingi, mimi nilisoma Nyamagana na Mbugani.

chib said...

@ Mija, Nilianzia Bugarika na kumalizia Kirumba.

Mija Shija Sayi said...

Yaani maisha wee acha tu. Huwa najitahidi kuzikumbuka shule za mwanza na mitaa lakini nimeshaanza kusahau. Mfano hiyo nyumba ya mtaa wa uhuru uliyowahi kuishi sipati hata picha ni maeneo gani pamebadilika sana, sisi tulikuwa mtaa wa nyuma yake mtaa wa Mkanyenye. Nitajitahidi na mimi nirudi Mwanza japo likizo.

chib said...

@ Mija, hiyo nyumba ipo karibu na mlango mmoja, pamebadilika sana, isipokuwa ambacho hakijabadirika ni mti wa mwembe uliopo nje ya nyumba hiyo ambao upo hapo hapo takribani miaka 40 sasa. Mtaa wa Mkanyenye naufahamu sana. Kwenye uwanja niliokuwa nacheza mpira mkanyeynye str upo kwa kushoto,picha hii haukutoka, ila nyumba zinaonekana kwa mbali kushoto kabisa maana mkanyenye upo kati ya mtaa wa uhuru na rufiji ukiwa sambamba na mitaa hii miwili.
Mwanza imebadilika sana