Member of EVRS

Thursday 7 January 2010

Dar es Salaam, My City

Dar es Salaam (Peace of Haven) is the commercial city of Tanzania.
The weather is usually warm to hot. Temperatures peaks in January - February averaging 30'c during the day.
It is one of the fast-growing city in Africa, but a lot are yet to be done.

Julius Nyerere international airport is within the city which soon will be under expansion project due to increased air traffic.

New National stadium ( Uwanja wa Taifa) is among the most beatiful stadium in Africa with a capacity of 60,000


It has beatiful beaches with white sands especially at Kigamboni area.
Whenever I land at Dar, I usually feel a tricle of happiness in my heart, however, it hot outer there.
I like the weather there in June - July because it is a bit cool, at night it may be a little chill!

11 comments:

Lucy said...

I do like your photos. Most of alll It looks warm. I would like to transport to warm climate, but having been raised in Nebraska I would miss the change in seasons. Please come back to visit.

Yasinta Ngonyani said...

tanzania tanzania nakupenda kwa moyo wote....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the translation of the city's name, did not know that before.
Agree with you that arriving in ones town makes the heart skip a couple of beats, written from one who lives 3,000 miles away from it.
Please have a nice Friday.

kamala Lutatinisibwa Lutabasibwa said...

i dont like the city much and thats y after being in Dar for five years am now shifting to smaller towns!

kamala Lutatinisibwa Lutabasibwa said...

i dont like the city much and thats y after being in Dar for five years am now shifting to smaller towns!

Halil Mnzava said...

Dar jiji la raha na karaha.

Simon Kitururu said...

Dar kama Nairobi kinachosikitisha ni kwamba ukisikiliza watu kila sehemu utaambiwa kuna majambazi au aina ya vibaka. Unaweza usitembee kokote kwa kuogopa kudhurika.:-(

Christian Bwaya said...

Dar is cooooool! Nice photos

Ivo Serenthà said...

The heat of your country are not used to and I hardly could get used to, I like the mild temperatures, although now in Europe and in Italy it's very cold, I wish you and your city the best possible development

Happy new year,

Marlow

Anya said...

I wish I was there
so warm I need it now :(

Have a wonderful weekend
(@^.^@)

Faith S Hilary said...

great photos and description...I can't wait to see it!!!